The Top 5 Most Christian Dating Sites For 2021
Published: 3rd December, 2021
Last Updated: 21st September, 2023
Compatibility, fulfilment and commitment are just a few things we all hope to find when looking for love. But if we then add religious beliefs into it, it becomes that much more complicated and a little more time consuming!
If you've ever tried out the ‘normal’ online dating scene, then you know that all you come across is people wanting short term flings and meaningless hookups. You’ve probably sat there thinking to yourself, that “it might just be impossible to find a long-term commitment (not to mention marriage) online”... better change that relationship status to "forever alone".
But, let's not take any rush status-changing decisions just yet. It’s tough to know where to look when you have certain beliefs and different values in life but don’t worry, we're here to help! With that being said, take a look below and see some of the best Christian dating sites in 2021:
1- Christian Connection
Christian Connection has been around since September 2000 and it didn’t take long for them to catch the public’s attention. In April 2001, the dating site was featured in the front page of the Daily Telegraph and over the years, the site has received features in media outlets like The Guardian and BBC. As of 2015, the site was also awarded the “Dater’s Favourite Site” and the “Best Niche Dating Site” award by UK Dating Awards.
The site has been the leading Christian dating site since it was released and for good reason. As they mention on their page, they aim to uphold the core values of Christianity and their site is dedicated to catering to Christians from various traditions. If you are looking to find the best Christian match for you, there’s no place better to look for them.
- The signup process presents the user with a few questions regarding their religion and background which are not too intrusive or overbearing.
- Free-to-play members get 5 messages per day and they can also view and like as many profiles as they want.
- Meetups: Group gatherings arranged for people on the site who’re looking for an excuse to meet up with other Christians.
- Membership prices are reasonable and do not renew automatically.
- Country Lock: If you are not from one of the countries they are currently running in, you cannot sign up.
- The signup process will request many personal details which you cannot avoid if you want to register (i.e. phone number).
With over 300,000 active members it's one of the most popular Christian dating sites out there! It is one of the most used sites which dedicates itself completely to Christian Catholics so you shouldn’t have any issues with finding someone who has enough in common with you.
It’s great for people who want something different from the normal online dating experience. If you want something serious like a long-term commitment or even marriage then BigChurch is probably your best bet.
- You can search for paying users if you wish to, giving you a higher chance of getting a reply.
- It has a quick sign up process that can be done in less than 15 minutes.
- It has iPhone and Android apps available so you’ll be able to browse even if you’re not at home.
- A video introduction feature which can help you get to know what someone is like or even to help express yourself a bit more.
A monthly fee rather than paying by the message
- No in-depth compatibility test.
- You don’t have control over who sees your profile or photos.
- Not enough security measures for fake profiles?
One of the top dating websites when it comes to helping you find someone who is like-minded and believes in Christianity too. It is best suited for single people who are wanting to engage into long term commitments and relationships. It has both freemium services, so trying it out first to see if you like the platform before paying is also available to you.
- You can search whether someone is just ‘religious’ or ‘very religious’.
- Able to indicate to the others if you are searching for romance or marriage.
- Free registration is available.
- All profile photos are available for free users to see as well.
- App version is only available for Android users.
- It allows users who have other religious beliefs to join.
- Free users can’t start a conversation but can reply if they get contacted first.
- Email verification is not required (higher probability of fake accounts).
It has been connecting Christian singles together since 1999, they’ve successfully helped over 25,000 marriages, and you can see some of their testimonials. Also it is independently Christian owned so this shows that they share the same values as you when searching for your other half online.
- Try before you buy: The site allows you to communicate for free when starting.
- Search allows you to filter the level of Christian faith.
- Old profiles are automatically removed, helping you understand who is active.
- Read receipts: Tells you if the other party has opened and read your message.
- No free account option after your 10 day-trial.
- Not that many key features.
It is solely based upon matching Christians with other Christians, excluding anyone else who has different beliefs. Their priority is to help people make more meaningful and deeper connections with each other and they have a range of communication tools which can make this a little easier for their users.
- It recommends matches to you every day.
- Reasonable prices.
- Being able to see when the user last logged in.
- The site isn’t very user friendly.
- Auto renewal: If you forget to cancel before your subscription is up you may be charged again.
So there you have our list of the 5 top Christian dating sites of 2021. Hopefully it helps you feel a little more at ease when sharing your religious beliefs online.
The online dating world can be a vast and scary place so we all need some guidance from time to time. Don’t let it intimidate you because it might end up being your cross to carry!
Additionally, if you’re new to online dating, you can also check our article on online dating safety tips… just to put your mind at ease when getting started out.