Filipino Cupid Review
Published: 4th January, 2023
Last Updated: 19th September, 2023
Filipino Cupid Introduction
When it comes to adult dating and choosing what site to sign up to, it’s not always easy. In fact it can be very time consuming and frustrating if you need to keep signing up to different sites to find what you’re looking for, especially with how big online dating has become.
Today we’re going to take a look at FilipinoCupid.com, which is a Phillipino dating site that has been around since 2000 and specialises in assisting people from the Philippines and Western backgrounds to find their ultimate match. It's operated by Cupid Media who have been around since 1999 and they’re based in Australia.
In this in-depth Filipinocupid review we will take a look at what kind of dating site it is and who the Filipino date site is really for. We’ll cover some pros and cons of the site and how safe the site actually is. We will also take a look at some of its top features, statistics and how easy the registration process is. Last but not least, we will include the prices and costs of using the site and see if there are any hidden offers available for you so that you can get the best value for money when using the site.
What Type Of Dating Site Is Filipino Cupid?
Filipinocupid is aimed towards people who are looking for something a little more serious. As we mentioned briefly above, it's mainly based around single western men who are looking to meet Filipino women overseas. People on the site are looking for:
- Serious relationships
- Meetups - With the intention of becoming something more serious
If you’re someone who is looking for something short term, quick and casual then cupid filipino most likely won’t be for you, that's not to say people haven’t found something short term on here but the majority of people are looking for quite the opposite. The same also goes for if you’re a man and you’re not looking for Filipino singles then you might be better off looking somewhere else.
Who Is FilipinaCupid For?
After we registered and navigated around the filipino dating site, we could see that they seem to cover the following gender and sexuality options:
If you want to search for bisexual, transgenders or couples, unfortunately there isn’t an option available for you. When we browsed through the users, we didn’t come across any profiles suggesting they were bisexual or transgender and we didn’t come across any profiles that mentioned they were a couple.
Stats & Infographics Of Fillipino Dating
Male - Female Ratio
Registration Process Of Filipino Cupid
Not every dating site is easy to sign up for and some can be very time consuming, however with FilipinoCupid, the registration was quick, free and very simple to follow. The filipino cupid.com login page is easy to navigate around and the overall process can be completed in just a couple of minutes.
To register, you can follow the steps below:
- On the main filipinocupid com login page you can click ‘join now’ which is just below the ‘login’ button
- Enter your first name
- Choose your gender and what you’re looking for
- Choose your age
- Enter your email and password of your choice
- Finally click ‘view singles now’
- You will then be redirected from the filipino cupid login page onto the main dynamic page where you can start to browse other members
Once you have completed this registration, you will have the option to add your filipino cupid pictures. Be mindful though as you will need to make sure your photo is within the photo guidelines below:
- You are smiling
- Clearly shows your face
- The photo is just of you and of good quality
- A recent photo
- Does not contain nudity
After adding a picture, there is an optional verification process you can go through to show other members you’re a trusted dater. In order to complete this you need to provide one of the following Identity documents:
- Driver’s licence
- National ID Card
We do recommend doing this as you get a verification badge on your profile which will hopefully attract other verified members to you.
Finally you can then go to your profile avatar in the top right hand corner where you will see a number of sections:
- View and Edit Profile
- Hobbies and Interests
- Personality Questions
- Verify Profile
- Switch Off Profile
It's good to fill in as many sections as you can if you want to increase your matching chances, but don’t worry this can be done over time as they’re all optional.
Filipino Dating Site Mobile Application / Compatibility
Filipina Cupid does have an app available for both android users and iOS users, it’s available in google play store and on the app store for Iphone. Users are also able to access the web version through their phone which seems to work without any problems too.
The Filipino dating app is a very clean design, it's easy enough to navigate around and the contact user buttons were very easily accessible. Whilst using the app the only issue we seem to come across was that the member suggestions very rarely refreshed whereas on the site it regularly refreshed.
In terms of the functions and features, there is no difference between the Filipino Cupid app and the Filipinas dating site. Although the way the profiles show on the app make it slightly more difficult to see everything, it's still fairly easy to browse whilst on the move.
Filipino Cupid.com Top Features
With this great feature, it automatically translates the message to the language you understand so you won’t have any communication barrier in the way of anyone you come across on Philippines cupid.
This feature ensures that your message is always at the top of the user's inbox so if they are popular and have a full inbox, you won’t be missed! This is a great feature that helps give you the opportunity to make a good first impression before anyone else!
Live Instant Messenger
This will help ensure your conversations flow naturally and smoothly with other members on the Philipino dating site. Some sites have a message system that may take a while to deliver, however with this great feature you will be able to work your magic a lot faster.
This is a tagging system they provide where it will make searching for other users who have similar interests a lot easier. You won’t end up wasting time browsing for ages looking for people who have similar likes, they will stand out!
Another great feature which helps place you in the spotlight, whenever anyone is browsing, you will be at the top of their search results which will make sure you get seen before other members who might be your competition.
Filipino Cupid Dating Site Offers, Prices & Costs
FilipinoCupid is a freemium website, it’s completely free-to-use if you just want access to a few of their basic features which comes with the standard free membership. These features are:
- Basic matching (They show you users who are your ideal match filtered by age, interests and lifestyle)
- Likes (This is where you’re able to show interest to other users by sending them a like)
- Communicate with paying members (Start messaging any paying member you like)
After the free membership, this is where the paywall comes into play, they have three coloured membership tiers. Gold, Platinum and Diamond, each membership includes a variety of features which you can see below along with the prices.
Prices / Costs
Extra Perks (Standard Membership Features Included)
- Send unlimited messages (Access to the instant messenger chat)
- Unlock your messages (Send/receive unlimited messages to all users)
- Say goodbye to Ads (No third party ads during your dating experience)
- Hide your profile and photos (You can hide your profile and photos from any other users)
Prices / Costs
Extra Perks (Standard & Gold Membership Features Included)
- Double your profile space (Gives you twice the profile space during search results)
- Unlock exclusive search features (It covers location, lifestyle, ethnicity and dating intention)
- Get better matches (Mutual and reverse matching algorithms to help you find that perfect match)
- Instantly translate messages (If there is ever a language barrier in the way, this can translate instantly for you)
- Rank above other members (Higher up the search results)
Prices / Costs
Extra Perks (Standard, Gold & Platinum Membership Features Included)
- Priority Messaging (Be the top message in the inbox of the users you message)
- Rank above all members (During search results you will be ranked above all members)
- Profile Highlighting (It shows you as a serious dater, your profile has a diamond icon)
- Premium Customer Service (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year customer service for you)
Be careful as each subscription is automatically renewed once it expires, so if you want to opt out then make sure you cancel before the membership’s expiry date.
In order to opt out of automatic renewal, follow these steps:
- Click on the ‘settings’ icon next to your profile avatar in the top right hand corner and then click ‘billing’
- From here you can click to toggle it off, next to ‘your auto membership renewal is ON’
If you change your mind, you’re then able to turn this back on at any time you choose.
Fillipino Cupid Pros & Cons
- Can filter for last active users and new users (Brings up users who have been on the site recently)
- A filipinocupid app for both android and iOS mobile users (Great for those who like to travel or are on the move a lot)
- Affordable prices and short term plans (This means you can test the water before jumping in, with its short term plans you don’t need to feel committed)
- No verification is needed, it's optional (Great if you’re sceptical and don’t feel comfortable sharing your identification yet)
- Good reliable customer support (Great for whenever you come across any issues or if you have any questions, you don’t need to wait ages for a reply)
- Standard membership only lets you communicate with paying members (This seemed to be a bit of an issue as we only came across a few paying members across several pages when searching)
- A lot of ads popping up unless you upgrade (Nobody likes to be interrupted mid conversation or whilst you’re browsing, a lot of ads seem to pop up when browsing around the site which limits what you can see on your page)
- A lot of unverified users (Because of their optional verification process, you do come across a lot of unverified profiles which makes you think the person on the other side might not be genuine)
FillipinoCupid Safety & Security
Is FilipinoCupid Safe And Secure?
Filipino Cupid has got quite a few safety measures in place in order to help you feel safe when using their dating site. Although like the majority of the dating sites out there, they aren’t able to keep their users 100% safe, there are a few things that came to our attention when using their site.
There is a difficulty in seeing who is actually genuine or not and we did feel like we came across quite a few fake profiles, although it is a very quick and simple process to report these. Once you have reported the user, FilipinoCupid will carry out an investigation and if they find anything suspicious then that user will be added to the filipino cupid scammer list to avoid anyone coming across them again. One promising thing was that we didn’t get bombarded with messages from girls before we had even added a picture, unlike some other dating sites online.
Overall though other than the two points mentioned above, Filipino Cupid does seem pretty safe and secure to use. It’s also very helpful that their customer support doesn't take too long to reply. We mostly got a reply back within 24 hours and the longest wait time for us was 48 hours, unlike some sites that can take forever to get back to you.
The Filipino dating website makes everything simple, quick and straightforward. Everything is relatively easy to locate, and we had no issues when using it, the same goes for the app as well. The site caters only to those who are looking for something serious, not for a quick casual fling.
The site does seem to have a lot more features than most sites out there, so you do have a good choice throughout all of the paid memberships. The Filipino Cupid cost compared to other dating sites is fairly reasonable, although it always depends on your budget’s flexibility. They also give you the opportunity to try out each subscription for 1 week before fully committing. If you decide to upgrade and then later down the line you feel some of the extra perks aren’t needed, you can downgrade before the week is up, without any extra costs.
Overall a good dating site for someone who is looking to meet Filipino singles.
Filipino Dating Free Tips
- Make sure you take advantage of trying out the filipino cupid free trial by using the standard membership first. Once you’ve got a feel of it and like what you see, then we’d recommend trying out the 1 week gold membership first before completely committing to one of the longer or more expensive plans.
- To increase your chances of finding someone who is compatible with you, we recommend that you fill in your personality questions through the profile section. These are questions like what food you like, your style, your hobbies and interests and many more.
- When you opt out of your automatic renewal, we recommend doing it at least 72 hours before your subscription is set to expire. This will give it enough time to process your cancellation request.
- Try to look for verified members; they will have a green badge with a tick next to their name. This will give you a higher chance of speaking to someone genuine.
- Make sure once you have registered, you contact Filipino Cupid’s customer support to let them know you would like them not to share your data, especially overseas as mentioned in section 4.4(e).
- If you’re someone who hates having to login all the time as well, cupid log in page has the option to click ‘keep me logged in’ so make sure you tick it.
How Can I Use Filippino Cupid For Free?
The standard membership when you register is the filipinocupid free trial. However, you’re only able to communicate with women who have a premium membership.
What Payment Methods Are Accepted On FilipinoCupid?
They offer the following payment methods:
* Each payment method might depend on your country
Is Filipino Cupid Legit?
FilipinoCupid is owned by Cupid Media, they’re well known to be a legitimate Australian based company. We did also have a couple of conversations that seemed to be legit and genuine.
How Do I Edit My Username On FilipinoCupid?
In order to edit your username, just follow steps below:
- Click your profile avatar in the top right corner
- Choose the edit profile option
- From here just change your first name
This will then change your display name.
Do I Need To Live In The Philippines In Order To Use Filipino Cupid?
No. Although a lot of the members do currently live in the Philippines, a large number of single people still come from a number of different countries such as the United States, Canada, Australia, France and a number of others.
How Do I Report A Suspected Scammer Or Fake Profile?
If you come across any kind of abuse, fraud or a situation you aren’t comfortable with, you’re able to report a profile via two ways. Either click on the report abuse option you’re able to see on a user's profile, or you can contact the support team directly.
How To Spot A Filipina Scammer?
Well most of the time they won’t be verified as no scammer wants to give up their true identity. If anyone asks you for money, make sure you report it. They also might be using filipina scammer photos so you can try to google image reverse to see if it’s really them.
How Do I Contact FilipinoCupid?
You’re able to contact them via postal, email, fax or telephone. Here’s their contact details:
Cupid Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 9304
Gold Coast MC QLD 9726
+61 7 3103 4000
Australia: (07) 3062 7667
United Kingdom: 0808 164 6569
United States / Canada: 1-844-387-8947
International: +61 7 3062 7667
What Happens If My Account Gets Banned?
If your filipino.cupid account gets banned and you want to reactivate it, you will need to contact the customer support centre to make an enquiry on why your account was banned and to see whether it's possible to reactivate it.
Can I Get A Refund From FilipinoCupid?
Possibly. They claim that customer satisfaction is their priority, but they do have a strict refund policy too. Reasons for a possible refund are:
- Your account is experiencing technical problems
- The site has been unavailable for an unacceptable time period
- The member requests a refund prior to initiating or receiving contact with any members
They might provide refunds for other reasons but you would need to give a full detailed explanation as to why you believe you’re entitled to one.
In order to request a refund you need to contact their customer service team.
Can I Get A Refund For Partial Unused Time?
No. Filipino Cupid refund policy confirms there will be no refunds for partial unused time unless you haven’t initiated contact or received contact from other users.
Will My Subscription Automatically Renew Without Me Doing Anything?
Yes. Your Filipino Cupid subscription will automatically renew, if you want to opt out the notice period is said to be 1 day. We would recommend giving it slightly longer, maybe 72 hours just to be on the safe side, as you will still get to enjoy the rest of your membership extras until the expiry date anyway.
Will Uninstalling The App Cancel My Subscription For Me?
No. Deleting the app won’t cancel your subscription and it won’t delete your account with Filipino Cupid. In order to cancel your subscription you can either opt out via your profile settings in the ‘billing’ section or you can cancel by managing your app store subscription. Alternatively you can contact them via post/email/fax/telephone however we would recommend the first two options.
How Do I Delete My FilipinoCupid Account?
To delete your profile, just follow these steps:
- Click on settings in the top right corner
- Then choose the profile settings from the drop-down menu
- From there you will be provided with a link below ‘Switch off profile’
- Choose the reason for deletion and then click submit
Your account is then deleted permanently, if you want to have an account with them after, you will need to then register again.
What Happens To My Filipino Cupid Profile If I Don’t Use It At All?
If you don’t log into your account at all for six consecutive months then your account will be deactivated.
Is Filipino Cupid Safe To Use?
The site seems safe to use, however like any other dating site, Filipino Cupid can’t guarantee the safety of its users 100%. But if you feel like you have come across any fake profiles or scammers, you’re able to report them to the Filipino Cupid customer service.
Who Can View My Pictures On Filipino Cupid?
Any other Filipino Cupid member can see your pictures.
Do I Need To Live In The Philippines In Order To Use Filipino Cupid?
No. Although a lot of the members do currently live in the Philippines, a large number of single people still come from a number of different countries such as the United States, Canada, Australia, France and many more.