The 16 Best Tinder Openers To Try In 2022
Published: 8th April, 2022
It’s 2022 and merely matching with someone on Tinder is only half the battle. You’ve probably been trying your best so far, but you’ll need something more to get better results online. To truly catch their attention you will need to send them a great opening line. And that is exactly what you are here to find.
If you only ever go for the basic tinder icebreakers like “Hey”, “Hi”, or “What’s up” you are in desperate need of some new material. There might not be only one magical Tinder opening line that works on everyone, but having a variety of options at hand is bound to increase your chances of success. On Tinder you only get one opportunity to make a good first impression.
As a rule of thumb, the Tinder opening lines that work do these three things:
(1) They convey some sort of emotion
(2) They are easy to reply to
(3) They are funny and a bit creative
Tinder Openers That Actually Work
The best tinder opening lines actually have little to do with what you say. Surprised? Well, according to Tinder’s in-house data, sending GIFs on Tinder will increase your success rate by 30%, and the resulting conversations last twice as long as those without GIFs.
Using a GIF is a great way to introduce some humour early on. And the fact that GIFs convey emotions will ensure that there’s an instant emotional connection, making your Tinder match more invested in responding. You will still need to add some creative lines of text with the GIF because if you don’t it can come across as a bit lazy, and everyone loves a bit of effort.
The Best First Message On Tinder
As mentioned above, a one size fits all approach rarely works on tinder, and the best approach is to tailor your first message to their profile. The first message will also set the tone for the rest of the conversation so choose what you say wisely.
Knowing which questions to ask a girl on Tinder is as easy as looking at her profile. Your goal should be to put in as much personality as possible, and see how well your match vibes with it. The best approach here is to find something on their bio or in their photos that interests you. This can be anything that you can refer to in your icebreaker.
Good Opening Lines For Tinder
You might come across a profile with banging photos, but there’s not a lot going on in the bio department for you to send an attention-grabbing message. But don’t stress, this is where you can use one of the best Tinder openers for guys. The trick is to choose a pick-up line that you think is genuinely funny because you always want some of your personality shining through. Make it funny, cheesy, or smooth, it’s all up to how you want to establish the dynamic. Here are the 16 best Tinder openers to try.
1) Hey *pretends to be waiter* - Here is your main ice breaker with a side of awkwardness, can I get you anything else?
2) Roses are red, violets are blue, Yoda I am, go out with me will you?
3) What do you call a string of people lifting a giant mozzarella stick? A cheesy pick up line.
4) How long have you been playing soccer? You look like a keeper.
5) I know you from somewhere. Yeah, I saw you on Spotify. It was you who was listed as the hottest single, right?
6) How would you describe yourself in only 3 emojis? I’m (add your 3 emojis here).
7) Titanic! Yup, that was my icebreaker. What’s up?
8) Poll: Cereal first? Or milk first?
9) What’s the weirdest thing on your bucket list? I’ll share mine if you share yours.
10) Are you a Carbon sample? Because I want to date you - drinks this week?
11) Wow, you are so gorgeous you made me forget my pickup line. Do you have any good ones?
12) What’s your favourite thing to do on a Friday night? A) Netflix and cuddle B) Hit up the hottest club around C) Dinner party with friends D) I’ll tell you over drinks.
13) Pick an icebreaker: Cheesy chat-up line, GIF war, or blind date?
14) They say Tinder is a numbers game, so can I get yours?
15) Hey, so sexy but no bio. Mind if I lightning round you a couple of questions?
16) Quick, tell me two truths and a lie! Go!
Remember to use relevant and funny GIFs wherever possible, and add a bit of personality with a few emojis to increase your chances of a response. Putting in just a bit more effort will ensure that your success on Tinder skyrockets.
How To Message On Tinder
Your first message was a success and you got a reply. Yay! All you need to do now is keep that same energy throughout. But bear in mind that even if you do everything right things might still dry up after a while. It happens to the best of us, but it doesn’t need to signify the end of your interaction. There are definite ways to keep a Tinder conversation going even when your Tinder conversation seems to be going nowhere.
Now you know exactly how to catch her attention, keep it, and reignite the spark should it dwindle. Give them a shot and hopefully you will soon change your Facebook profile status to “cheers ladies, I’m taken”. What are you still doing here reading this? Go try out these Tinder openers for yourself!